Books I've Read

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Keeping the Moon, Sarah Dessen F

This book is one of the BEST books I have read in a LONG time! So much here to sink my teeth into!! It took me until the last three chapters to figure out the meaning behind the title (I love doing that!) One friend that Colie makes while in California tells a story of when he was young with his father. He camps out one night to see am eclipse. "The moon was gone." He was afraid it wouldn't come back, but his father came outside with him and convinced him it would be okay and the moon would be back. Not only uses this the source of the title, but it exemplifies one of the major themes in this book. Colie learns no matter how alone you might feel, there are always "things" you can count on. She learns to make friends as she learns what it means to be a friend.

I could go on and on, and include the idea of caterpillars becoming butterflies and more, but someone has already borrowed my book - and with this one, you should too! :) I loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment